Author Topic: The Website  (Read 4274 times)

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
The Website
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:54:31 AM »
www.coinfest.org has always been the public hub for CoinFest--a portal linking to all the nodes--and has stayed relatively the same. We may add more innovations in the future, but for now the updates are mostly just maintenance. Here are the most recent ones:

• Fixed the Transparency Page, which was disrupted by our change from CoinKite to Copay. It now lists change addresses, one of which Copay creates for each transaction (still trying to convince them to make it possible to turn that off)
  • Took down the 2016 page, as CoinFest 2016 is over. All details from 2016 are now on the Previous Events page
  • Added the 2017 page. In order to be listed, you are now required to submit/post some basic details about what you're gonna do. We don't want duds on the map
  • Reset all Sponsors and Supporting Organizations on the homepage. Preparation for next year begins now

Let me know if you have any cool ideas!

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
Re: The Website
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:03:07 AM »
Great work in the site, some great updates and I'm super excited about CoinFest 2017!

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:35:06 PM »
The new website is really nice. Flat and minimalist... really professional.

I would like to help with any graphics designing if needed.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:03:46 AM »

Would you know how to make a better version of the world map?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:24:58 PM by sirwagginston »

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 01:40:35 PM »

Yes i would suggest, since you are just showing the locations, use a flat basic map rather than the actual terrain one. OR you could embed the google map itself maybe so that people can even zoom into it and look at the exact location.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:25:11 PM by sirwagginston »

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »

Yes i would suggest, since you are just showing the locations, use a flat basic map rather than the actual terrain one. OR you could embed the google map itself maybe so that people can even zoom into it and look at the exact location.

Unfortunately, I don't think the WordPress environment in which I designed most of the site allows embedding Google maps. Maybe some plugin exists that I don't know about. If somebody else knows how to do that on another page hosted elsewhere, I can point map.coinfest.org at it for everybody to go see :)

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 05:42:32 AM »
ah. okay give me sometime. I will look into this. i think there is a plugin for google maps in wordpress, i have been using WP for building sites as well. like my - isaacnandgavkar.info

or else send me the exact locations and the names of the city and i will create something on my own, i have this great idea.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 01:07:59 PM »
ah. okay give me sometime. I will look into this. i think there is a plugin for google maps in wordpress, i have been using WP for building sites as well. like my - isaacnandgavkar.info

or else send me the exact locations and the names of the city and i will create something on my own, i have this great idea.

If you want to recommend a particular plugin, I'll go see if it works... but I'm curious about your idea, because if it really is a great idea, then I could just point map.coinfest.org at you... or both, it depends

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
I just made this quick to give u an idea..dont consider the actual details like color or detailing like the design which can be better ofcourse. its about the animation.
maybe there is some script for this for web map. i dont know yet. also i will look for the plugin and post by evening..

http://i.giphy.com/3oz8xRafvS0eWyOVlS.gif

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
I just made this quick to give u an idea..dont consider the actual details like color or detailing like the design which can be better ofcourse. its about the animation.
maybe there is some script for this for web map. i dont know yet. also i will look for the plugin and post by evening..

http://i.giphy.com/3oz8xRafvS0eWyOVlS.gif

I told you Andrew this guy was talented !!

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 12:07:02 AM »
Yeah, I wish I had graphic design talent. It would be cool to use something like that promotionally somewhere. A Google map plugin or dedicated page has the advantage of allowing you to zoom in and out, though, which is great if we put the exact addresses of everything on the map. I do that already, actually, when I can, but you can't tell on the website because it's too zoomed out in the screenshot

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 12:24:08 AM »
Something like this ? these are pretty low quality renderless logo i made. if u like it i will remake it in vector quality

http://imgur.com/5th0dqT

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 12:54:35 AM »
Something like this ? these are pretty low quality renderless logo i made. if u like it i will remake it in vector quality

http://imgur.com/5th0dqT

I'm guessing you meant to post this in the Blockchain Gaming thread, but I do really like it. Do you mind if I use the second one with the joystick controller coming out sideways? Maybe post that one over there, so we can keep this thread about the CoinFest site. Soon I shall begin planning CoinFest Vancouver  :)

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 06:25:57 PM »
yeah oops. Okay so u liked the one with control pad.
DONT use this one.. this is pure low quality. i will post the HD vector one with transperant background in a while.