Author Topic: CoinFest 2017 Activity Ideas  (Read 1105 times)

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
CoinFest 2017 Activity Ideas
« on: May 03, 2016, 06:54:30 AM »
I know it seems far away right now, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that it's best to plan as far ahead as possible. We already have over 2.5 BTC in our wallet... what should we do with it come April 3-9? Good ideas will be split into their own threads.

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
Re: CoinFest 2017 Activity Ideas
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:49:45 PM »
We definitely need some type of live feed at set times between the CoinFests which are running on the same days!

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 10:57:31 PM »
We definitely need some type of live feed at set times between the CoinFests which are running on the same days!

Indeed! I think what we will do fairly soon is make a thread that lists days and times, and International Hangout speakers reserve slots. We note which slots will have events going on at that time and where they are, so people can get the prime time ones on a first-come first-serve basis unless they are a particularly valuable speaker like Andreas or sponsored us--then they get special treatment.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 02:02:40 AM by sirwagginston »

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
I do have an idea which may work. We could host a gaming session of certain Bitcoin games where CoinFest events play against each other.

We are arranging a UK server to be setup for a Bitcoin game and it would be awesome if we could all play against each other (and the winner wins Bitcoin in the game anyway)!

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:06:17 PM »
I do have an idea which may work. We could host a gaming session of certain Bitcoin games where CoinFest events play against each other.

We are arranging a UK server to be setup for a Bitcoin game and it would be awesome if we could all play against each other (and the winner wins Bitcoin in the game anyway)!

Yes, the "decentralized arcade" concept. We should definitely do this. We can get as many blockchain games to participate in their own way as possible...

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »
Awesome. Just waiting for two of the game Devs to confirm and I'll add them to the website ready for when I put the website live.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
Awesome. Just waiting for two of the game Devs to confirm and I'll add them to the website ready for when I put the website live.

How about you start a new thread in this board called "Decentralized Arcade" once those devs have confirmed with you? Then anybody else with a blockchain game can post their own contests. Maybe we can convince GameCredits to do it? (if you haven't, already)

We were unable to modify the Huntercoin protocol in time to hold a cool decentralized in-game event, which we would have had to synchronize with CoinFest via the block time, but we can think of something more rudimentary and centralized