Author Topic: Gaming on the Blockchain  (Read 2227 times)

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
Gaming on the Blockchain
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
Now that I finally have the domain name, I can show off the website I'm working on, www.blockchaingaming.com! It will promote the concept of blockchain-based video games, most of which I own tokens for. I think it'll be a huge thing

Unfortunately, I haven't designed a logo for Blockchain Gaming, yet, so the website shows up on social media as plain text, for now. For that and other reasons, I'm curious if anybody wants to join me on this project. I have not yet decided if I want to go non or for-profit. Theoretically it could have ads like IGN, Game Informer, GameSpot, etc.

Aizzaku

• View Profile
Re: Gaming on the Blockchain
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:50:24 AM »
Hey i would like to join you on the project :D

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:25:54 PM »
I like the idea of a central place for information on blockchain based games, the idea on adverts is good!

I do have plans myself to start a youth blockchain gaming meetup where people can be taught about blockchain/crypto in games (along with its advantages/disadvantages) and get to play some blockchain based games.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 02:06:57 AM »
I do have plans myself to start a youth blockchain gaming meetup where people can be taught about blockchain/crypto in games (along with its advantages/disadvantages) and get to play some blockchain based games.

That's cool, maybe I should add an events section and list things like that there.

Well, it will need graphic design and other help. Still don't have a logo. Do you think I should make it a commercial venture like traditional video game review sites? In that scenario, I'd agree to split ownership with one or more other people, and set up a multisig address which holds any advertising funds if we get some. I think that this niche in the video game and blockchain industries will continue to grow, and that if blockchaingaming.com stays on top of Google rankings, the site will get a buy-out offer eventually. In that case, we just have to send the coins to each other in one or more multisig transactions.

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 03:40:47 PM »

Well, it will need graphic design and other help. Still don't have a logo. Do you think I should make it a commercial venture like traditional video game review sites? In that scenario, I'd agree to split ownership with one or more other people, and set up a multisig address which holds any advertising funds if we get some. I think that this niche in the video game and blockchain industries will continue to grow, and that if blockchaingaming.com stays on top of Google rankings, the site will get a buy-out offer eventually. In that case, we just have to send the coins to each other in one or more multisig transactions.
[/quote]

Okay leave all the gfx designing to me.
About the commercial venture, i think that would be a good idea but one step at a time. And continuous development and active participation will keep this on top of the industry.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
About the commercial venture, i think that would be a good idea but one step at a time. And continuous development and active participation will keep this on top of the industry.

Interesting, you think you could make a logo? Something square-ish that shows up well on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I had considered just mashing together some designs from various blockchain games out there, but I feel that might not look all that great. I don't know how to visually represent the concept of blockchain-based gaming.

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 07:29:41 PM »

Interesting, you think you could make a logo? Something square-ish that shows up well on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I had considered just mashing together some designs from various blockchain games out there, but I feel that might not look all that great. I don't know how to visually represent the concept of blockchain-based gaming.

Yeah i'll come up with logo design in few days. Just give me time. Thinking on the concept takes time.. digitizing is eazy peazy

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 10:04:57 PM »
The color can be changed. so let me know which color is needed

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:33:12 PM by Aizzaku »

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 05:42:29 AM »
Ooh, I'm not really good with colors, but I like how the B for blockchain shows more clearly, now. I think I liked the red better, though... maybe because red is psychologically a power color

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:20:09 PM »
Okay i have 3 versions.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 08:48:21 AM »
Awesome, I saved the third one, gonna use that for now. I just remembered where you got the B from, though, it's the blockchain.info logo! ;D I doubt they'll notice anytime soon, though; I'm not worried

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 05:44:40 PM »
yeah well. i can recreate it but i guess its fine.. not like they have patented the logo or something.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 04:49:46 PM »
Everybody loves the logo, so far!  :) Check it out on the site: www.blockchaingaming.com

We also now have a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/blockchaingaming/
And a Twitter: https://twitter.com/BlockchainGames

Will announce on BitcoinTalk, soon. I'm also considering getting a forum eventually, but don't have time for that, yet. I think I'm gonna add an events section, though... still need more partners on this project. Thanks for your interest, guys.

Aizzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 03:41:20 PM »
i can help u with the forums. what kind are u looking for phpbb or ipb? or any other?

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 04:11:16 PM »
Everybody loves the logo, so far!  :)

The logo is awesome!!