Author Topic: Ethereum Wallet & DAO Development  (Read 1026 times)

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
Ethereum Wallet & DAO Development
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:17:53 AM »
In case you haven't heard/read, CoinFest is diving into Ethereum. Aside from its clear momentum and strong backing, it happens to possess capabilities beyond Bitcoin that we require, and which are easier for us to implement than with competing platforms.

We're going to start with a basic multisignature wallet like we have in Bitcoin, the open source code and download for which can be found here. One of the requirements to be an Ethereum signatory for CoinFest is that you figure out how to set this wallet (called Mist) up, which this guide explains. Feel free to ask any questions if it doesn't do a good enough job.

Once that's settled, we'll have a donation address. Meanwhile, I'm diving into Ethereum code... the wallet is open source, so I can modify it to suit our purposes without too much trouble. I'm more worried about GUI stuff (I have no knowledge) than DAO logic, if anybody here is good with design and wants to help :)

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
Re: Ethereum Wallet & DAO Development
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 12:01:27 AM »
Awesome!

I'll get the ball rolling on my laptop tomorrow. I'll keep you posted, wish me luck.

Thanks for the update.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
Re: Ethereum Wallet & DAO Development
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
Just to let everybody know: I haven't abandoned this idea... just lowered its priority level, a bit. I felt it was easier to take care of other things while the ETC/ETH war sorts itself out