Author Topic: Bitcoin/Crypto education sessions  (Read 1680 times)

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
Bitcoin/Crypto education sessions
« on: May 04, 2016, 08:04:55 PM »
I think a fundamental of CoinFest should be a firm of education session at each CoinFest either a simple step-by-step or mini course, we need to help people understand the basics before confusing them with the mathematics or mining.

I arranged for Portsmouth Crypto to to run a range of mini sessions which received awesome feedback and cover the basic topics

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
Re: Bitcoin/Crypto education sessions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56:03 PM »
I think it's a good idea. We will avoid duplicating our efforts if we standardize the sessions so everyone can use the same materials like pamphlets and stuff. I moved this topic to the Activities section, though, because Fundamentals is for discussion about CoinFest itself, such as whether it should remain free and only held at Bitcoin venues, or if it should be held more often. Also the structure of the organization

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:09:12 AM »
This year we are also planning mining education sessions following feeeback from attendees and multiple questions on how mining works and how people can get into it.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:42:12 PM »
Do you have any template or handout materials worked out for your intro session(s), yet? We're going to construct a crowdfunding workshop in Vancouver; have a cool idea for it, would be easy to replicate. A build-your-own-coin kinda thing

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »
Nothing yet currently working in topics and with the volunteer who will be teaching them. I'll send something over when it's done.