Author Topic: CoinFest International Hangout 2017  (Read 1117 times)

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
CoinFest International Hangout 2017
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
So it's time to start planning the next International Hangout. In case you aren't familiar, that's where we have a conference call between participating cities around the world, linking the decentralized audience via webcams and projectors/monitors. It occurs in blocks (no pun intended) of time which must be carefully chosen to coordinate participants in various time zones, each of which has its own moderator/host.

We should brainstorm activities to hold during the Hangout. One idea is a competitive quiz game for BTC prizes; we could also give a teeny bit to any newbie who wanders on-screen and installs a sponsored wallet for the first time. I think we should use a significant fraction of CoinFest Global's funds this way.

The first Hangout block is 6 - 10 PM GMT on April 7. Participating cities confirmed so far are Vancouver, Canada and Manchester, UK. There will be another block--also with Vancouver and Manchester--that will start at 9 AM GMT on April 8, but the end time has not yet been decided. Moderators will be chosen, soon. Feel free to suggest other times and let us know if you can join any existing one.

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
Re: CoinFest International Hangout 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:22 AM »
This is one part of CoinFest I am really looking forward to!

The idea of getting people to show certain activities or maybe something custom to their location and sending them a little bitcoin is a great idea.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 03:34:50 AM »
This is one part of CoinFest I am really looking forward to!

The idea of getting people to show certain activities or maybe something custom to their location and sending them a little bitcoin is a great idea.

Definitely. For now, let's try to fill the first Hangout block with content. I definitely want to do the Gaming on the Blockchain panel, again... I'll ask some crypto stars if they wanna present, as well. Alex from BlockTalk says he can play host.

Also, I'm thinking I don't want to commit to doing anything on Sunday, yet. If other cities request it, we will extend the Saturday hangout past 10 PM GMT as far as they wish. Just need others to fill the time.

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 11:32:22 PM »
Good news, everyone: in addition to BlockTalk on the Saturday, the Crypto Show and Bitcoins and Gravy have also decided to host their shows during and in conjunction with CoinFest. We can give away Bitcoin prizes on all three. Crypto Show and Bitcoins and Gravy have no dates set, yet, but I'm guessing they'll be during the week. I'll also be going on both shows soon to spread the word about CoinFest and try to get more cities on board

I think now we're starting to look at a situation where the International Hangout is entirely third party/decentralized. There's no need for CoinFest to have its own central Hangout channel; in fact, it's in the spirit of free market competition to let anybody who wants to abide the CoinFest protocol to do it. Just like how anybody can host their own local event. CoinFest just brings it all together

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
Good news, everyone: in addition to BlockTalk on the Saturday, the Crypto Show and Bitcoins and Gravy have also decided to host their shows during and in conjunction with CoinFest. We can give away Bitcoin prizes on all three. Crypto Show and Bitcoins and Gravy have no dates set, yet, but I'm guessing they'll be during the week. I'll also be going on both shows soon to spread the word about CoinFest and try to get more cities on board

I think now we're starting to look at a situation where the International Hangout is entirely third party/decentralized. There's no need for CoinFest to have its own central Hangout channel; in fact, it's in the spirit of free market competition to let anybody who wants to abide the CoinFest protocol to do it. Just like how anybody can host their own local event. CoinFest just brings it all together

Awesome news pal! If these don't fall on the UK dates, I'll be sure to promote them.

When you say there's no need for CoinFest to have its own central hangout channel does this effect the international hangout planned for April 7/8?

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:54:25 PM »

Awesome news pal! If these don't fall on the UK dates, I'll be sure to promote them.

When you say there's no need for CoinFest to have its own central hangout channel does this effect the international hangout planned for April 7/8?

That one's being covered by BlockTalk. It will basically be the same as last year, when the BlockTalk guy was the host, anyways.

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 01:18:50 PM »
That one's being covered by BlockTalk. It will basically be the same as last year, when the BlockTalk guy was the host, anyways.

Awesome! Thanks. Can you put me in touch with the BlockTalk people  ;D

sirwagginston

• The Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • CoinFest
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:25 AM »

Yeah, what about? I usually chat with him on Facebook; email works, too. We'll be sure to coordinate the Hangout with you, of course.

BatesResearch

• Administrator
  • CoinFestUK Organiser
    • View Profile
    • CoinFestUK
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »

Yeah, what about? I usually chat with him on Facebook; email works, too. We'll be sure to coordinate the Hangout with you, of course.

Just to delve into detail / timings etc (closer to the event) about the hangout, making sure we time it all right!